Artzaina pilota, Cesta Punta in your pocket
An homage to Cesta Punta, the famous basque sport
Artzaina, the shepherd - Filed model and design.
Proud ambassador of our crafts know-how, Artzaina is both a strong and reliable partner and a precious accessory with timeless elegance.
This is Artzaina Pilota, the first knife made of Basque pelota leather and its sheath like a Chistera. Tie the sheath of your knife, as the pilotari ties his glove with the dregs.
Delivered in its cardboard box with its brown or black bull leather pouch and a certificate of authenticity.
Large size - Closed 12 cm / Open 21,5 cm / Blade 10 cm
French manufacturing in our Atelier in Bidart, Basque Country.
Wood covered with goat parchment (untanned leather, without chrome), the same leather as the Basque pelota.
5 types of steel :
- 12C27 stainless steel (Sandvik): premium stainless steel, high in chromium and carbon which gives it a robust and easy-to-maintain cutting edge.
- XC75 carbon steel : the steel of our grandfathers, a blade very easy to sharpen but getting oxidized.
- RWL34 stainless steel : very pure steel, made with the powder metallurgy technique. Modern steel, particularly efficient, very strong, tough with an excellent cutting edge and high resistance to rust.
- VG10 stainless steel or Suminagashi : composed of a central core covered on both sides with 33 layers of damascus which gives it a better rigidity and an excellent cutting edge.
- stainless damascus steel 160 layers : we can compare this technique with puff pastry. This steel is composed of RWL34 for the shiny parts and PMC27 for the dark parts, merged together at 1220°C, then hammered, stretched and folded several times on themselves. It is the best steel you can find nowadays !
Except plastics that are not sensitive to water, noble and precious materials we use for our creations like woods, horns, mother-of-pearl, fossilised ivory, etc, don't appreciate to soak in the water ! Just wash the blade with hot soapy water and dry carefully the knife with a soft dish towel. You can also moisture the wood from time to time by rubbing it with a drop of vegetal oil. Our creations are not dishwasher-safe.